Bangladesh Team News:
- Bangladesh has selected a 13-man squad for the initial two matches of the T20I tri-series.
- Mustafizur Rahman has been joined in the squad who was relaxed for the recently achieved one-off test match versus Afghanistan.
- Uncapped fast bowler Yasin Arafat has been added by the selectors but he might not get the opportunity in the playing 11 directly.
- Spinner Mehedi Hasan and all-rounder Afif Hossain have been revived to the T20I set-up.
- Rubel Hossain and Mehidy Hasan Miraz have been left out.
- With Tamim Iqbal still on the rest, Litton Das and Soumya Sarkar will be opening pair for Bangladesh.
- Taijul Islam and Shakib-al-Hasan are the spin choice, while fast bowling attack will be taken cared for by Mustafizur Rahman and Mohammad Saifuddin.
Zimbabwe Team News:
- Zimbabwe has declared a 15-man squad for this future T20 international tri-series.
- Skipper Hamilton Masakadza will be performing his last series as he has declared his retirement from all forms of international cricket.
- Important all-rounder S Raza has been left out for this series due to disciplinary issues.
- Two new debuted – Tony Munyonga and Ainsley Ndlovu have been joined in the squad.
- Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, and Craig Ervine are the experienced players from Zimbabwe side, while Tinotenda Mutombodzi and Neville Madziva are two young players.
BAN vs ZIM, 1st ODI, Bangladesh Tri-Series 2019
Shere Bangla National Stadium in Dhaka
13th Sept 2019, 6:00 PM IST
Pitch Report: The pitch at Shere Bangla allows a lot of assistance to the batsmen. The score of 170+ has been seen here 5 times in the last six innings. Spinners will have more opportunity than fast Bowlers.
1st Innings Average score: 170 (Last 5 T20Is)
Chasing teams Record: Won – 3, Lost -2
BAN vs ZIM Head to Head Stats
Matches Played: 09
Ban Won: 05
Zim Won: 04
BAN Squad: Shakib Al Hasan (c), Liton Das, Sabbir Rahman, Mahedi Hasan, Soumya Sarkar, Mosaddek Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Yeasin Arafat, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah, Taijul Islam, Afif Hossain.
ZIM Squad: Hamilton Masakadza (c), Timycen Maruma, Regis Chakabva, Richmond Mutumbami, Sean Williams, Tendai Chatara, Brendan Taylor, Neville Madziva, Christopher Mpofu, Ainsley Ndlovu, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Craig Ervine, Ryan Burl, Tony Munyonga, Kyle Jarvis.
Probable Playing XI
Bangladesh: Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Shakib Al Hasan (C), Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain, Mahmudullah, Sabbir Rahman, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Taijul Islam.
Zimbabwe: Hamilton Masakadza (C), Brendan Taylor (wk), Craig Ervine, Sean Williams, Timycen Maruma, Ryan Burl, Tinotenda Mutumbodzi/Tony Munyonga, Kyle Jarvis, Christopher Mpofu, Tendai Chatara, Neville Madziva.
Safe Players Choice
Wicket Keeper: Mushfiqur Rahim, Brendon Taylor
Batters: Hamilton Masakadza, Craig Ervine, Mahmudullah, Sabbir Rahman, Soumya Sarkar, Afif Hossain
All-Rounders: Sean Williams, R Burl, Shakib Al Hasan
Bowlers: Tendai Chatara, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mustafizur Rahman, Kyle Jarvis
Captain and Vice-Captain Selection:
Captain Options: Shakib Al Hasan, Brendon Taylor, Mushfiqur Rahim
Vice-Captain Options: Craig Ervine, Hamilton Masakadza, Mahmudullah
With all-rounders participating in both the sides of play, it would be desirable to choose likes of Shakib and Sean Williams as the captain/vice-captain of your fantasy team.
Considering Bangladesh’s home record and Zimbabwe’s recent prosperity (12 loss in the last 14 matches), one should expect the home side to come out victorious. However, expect a strong fight from Zimbabwe
My Dream11 Team
Increase Your Winning In Fantasy Game…! With Premium Analysis Based Dream11 Team Buy Membership Now
Declaration: This Cricket Fantasy team is based on the knowledge, Match analysis, and ability of the writer. While choosing your fantasy team, acknowledge the points mentioned in this article and make your own decision